Nissan Micra Front Seat Belt Removal And Installation Guide
This is a simple step by step guide to replace and install Nissan Micra seat belts.
Precautions for Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER
The Supplemental Restraint System such as “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER”, used along with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the driver and front passenger for certain types of collision.
To avoid rendering the SRS inoperative, which could increase the risk of personal injury or death in the event of a collision which would result in air bag inflation, all maintenance must be performed by an authorized Nissan dealer.
- Improper maintenance, including incorrect removal and installation of the SRS, can lead to personal injury caused by unintentional activation of the system. For removal of Spiral Cable and Air Bag Module, see the SRS section.
- Do not use electrical test equipment on any circuit related to the SRS unless instructed to in this document. SRS wiring harnesses can be identified by yellow and/or orange harnesses or harness connectors.
- Before removing the seat belt pre-tensioner assembly, turn the ignition switch off, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Do not use electrical test equipment for seat belt pre-tensioner connector.
- After replacing or reinstalling seat belt pre-tensioner assembly, or reconnecting seat belt pretensioner connector, check the system function.
- Do not use disassemble buckle or seat belt assembly.
- Replace anchor bolts if they are deformed or worn out.
- Never oil tongue and buckle.
- If any component of seat belt assembly is questionable, do not repair. Replace the whole seat belt assembly.
- If webbing is cut, frayed, or damaged, replace seat belt assembly.
- When replacing seat belt assembly, use a genuine seat belt assembly.
AFTER A COLLISION :
Inspect all seat belt assemblies including retractors and attaching hardware after any collision. Nissan recommends that all seat belt assemblies in use during a collision be replaced unless the collision was minor and the belts show no damage and continue to operate properly. Failure to do so could result in serious personal injury in an accident. Seat belt assemblies not in use during a collision should also be replaced if either damage or improper operation is noted. Seat belt pre-tensioner should be replaced even if the seat belts are not in use during a frontal collision in which the air bags are deployed.
Replace any seat belt assembly (including anchor bolts) if :
- The seat belt was in use at the time of a collision (except for minor collisions and the belts, retractors and buckles show no damage and continue to operate properly).
- The seat belt was damaged in an accident. (i.e. torn webbing, bent retractor or guide, etc.)
- The seat belt attaching point was damaged in an accident. Inspect the seat belt attaching area for damage or distortion and repair as necessary before installing a new seat belt assembly.
- Anchor bolts are deformed or worn out.
- The seat belt pre-tensioner should be replaced even if the seat belts are not in use during the collision in which the air bags are deployed.
Removal and Installation of Front Seat Belt
Before servicing SRS, turn ignition switch off, disconnect the battery ground cable and wait at least 3 minutes.
- Remove bolt cover.
- Remove shoulder anchor bolts.
- For 5 door vehicle, remove the center pillar lower garnish. Remove rear side finisher for 3 door vehicle.
- Remove seat belt pre-tensioner connector.
- Remove pre-tensioner seat belt retractor mounting screw and floor anchor bolt. Then, remove seat belt assembly.
- Remove front seat from vehicle body.
- Separate clip of buckle switch harness connector from the bottom of seat cushion.
- Remove seat cushion inner finisher.
- Remove anchor bolt and buckle.
Installation : Install in the reverse order of removal.
For a fully documented guide download the Nissan Micra repair manual from the link below, or for instant download click the buy now button.
LINK : Nissan Micra Repair Manual